Ducklings - the toddlers class
Our Toddlers, “The Little Ducklings” move much faster than our Turtles. They have moving cars, a play kitchen, and a quiet place for music and movement. Your Toddler will enjoy the playground and our picnic table for outside fun.
Class Goals for January- March
- To help them understand how much Jesus loves them.
- To help the toddlers with any separation anxiety.
- To help your toddler feel free to learn and explore their surroundings.
- To help them learn new songs, movements and enjoying music.
- To help them learn manners – Thank you, Please
- To help them interact with each other as a class.
- To help them create with their own hands.
Recognize that each child will work at his or her own pace in the development of each goal.
Teachers will achieve the goals by the following methods:
- Loving, hugging and holding them.
- Teaching daily bible stories and allowing the love of Jesus shine through them.
- Creating a safe, exciting and wonderful atmosphere where each child can feel free to explore and learn.
- Daily the teachers will lead by example in respecting and being polite to the children.
- The Teachers will provide hands on learning skills like: art, puzzles, blocks, transportation, string large beads and much more.
- Providing music and movement and spending time chatting and laughing with each of them.
- 6:30 -7:00 - Quiet Time/Rest (Children entering; some may want to rest, others can play quietly)
- 7:00-8:30 - Breakfast, Free play, Table Toys & Diapering
- 8:30-9:00 - Coloring, Play dough & Cutting
- 9:00-9:15 - Circle Time
- 9:15-9:45 - Art Project & Diapering
- 9:45-10:00 - Free play & Center
- 10:00-11:00 - Outside play & Rainy days (puppets, crafts, games)
- 11:00-12:00 - Diapering & Lunch
- 12:00-12:15 - Music & movement
- 12:15-12:30 - Story time & nap preparation (diaper check)
- 12:30-2:45 - Naptime – soft music
- 2:45-3:00 - Wake up and Diapering
- 3:00-3:30 - Snack
- 3:30-4:30 - Outside play & Rainy days (puppets, pasta play, games)
- 4:30-4:45 - Musical Instruments
- 4:45-5:00 - Snack & Diapering
- 5:00-5:30 - Bible Stories and Songs: Teacher will read or play video
You can take a look at the classroom spaces in our virtual tour.