Otters - the preschool class
Our Preschoolers, “The Otters” enjoy a great room with a sand table, a quiet place to read books, and many activities for developing large and small muscles as well as their imaginations. The Otters have a bright and busy room perfect for exploring and learning!
- To teach them how much Jesus loves them and how they can love others; this will foster positive Christ esteem, loving others and self esteem.
- To teach alphabets and numbers each child will observe in everyday life how they are used; this will promote early reading and early mathematical skills
- To engage your child in daily conversation about the environment that surrounds them=; this will build self assurance, exploration, and communication skills.
- To arouse the curiosity, open up a whole new world in books; this will help them to understand that print expresses something.
- Let their hands create beautiful works of art; this will allow them to see the beauty all around them.
- Teaching and working on manners and working together “please, thank you and learning to share with our friends; this will move each child to be conscious of others and learning to be polite and learning to wait your turn.
- Teaching Multiculturalism and diversities; this will open up the idea that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Recognize that each child will work at his or her own pace in the development of each goal.
Teachers will achieve the goals by the following methods:
- Laying out material that will provoke learning
- Daily bible stories
- Reading at the least five books a day!
- Teaching both the alphabet and its sound
- Teaching and using numbers, shapes and hands on math activities.
- Using hands on manipulative, hands on activities in science, social studies and art.
- Pictures of children from different cultures and special needs.
- Nature walks, and allowing the children to enjoy each other on the playground.
- Teaching Character development and Manners.
- Enjoying a fun and Creative classroom
- Set up the classroom where it will be inviting, warm, fun and lead them from one journey to the next.
- Encouragement, love and laughter to prove that learning is fun!
- 6:30-7:30 - Quiet Time, Hands-on Manipulatives, Breakfast
- 7:30-7:45 - Completing Breakfast, Quiet time, Bathroom
- 7:45-8:00 - Morning Songs, Bible Lesson
- 8:00-8:30 - Morning Games and Exercises: morning walk (weather permitting) physical exercise, music and movement or parachute play)
- 8:30-9:00 - Exploration Time 1 (Circle time): Learning adventures in Phonics (alphabets, stories, journals, hands-on manipulatives); Math (shapes, number sequences, finger play, rhymes, number recognition);Science (land, air, water); Social Studies (people, customs, countries)
- 9:00-9:30 - Center Time Free to explore housekeeping; transportation; blocks; library; hands-on manipulatives; exploration center; sensory, computer, and science corner
- 9:30-10:00 - Morning snack, Sharing time, Bathroom
- 10:00-10:30 - Outdoor Playground (if weather permits) or indoor active fun
- 10:30-11:00 - Spanish: games, colors, stories, calendar, animals, greetings, cooking, and music
- 11:00-11:30 - Art: cooking projects/ puppetry, Bathroom
- 11:30-12:00 - Stories: Find a cozy spot, let the stories begin!
- 12:00-12:40 - Lunch (Children bring their own lunches),Bathroom
- 12:40-1:00 - Nap Set-up, quiet music, rest time beginning
- 1:00-2:45 - Nap Time, quiet music
- 2:45-3:15 - Afternoon Snack, Bathroom
- 3:15-3:40 - Exploration Time 2 (Circle time): Repeating and expanding Exploration Time 1
- 3:40-4:10 - Outdoor Playground (if weather permits) or indoor active fun
- 4:10-4:40 - Hands-on Fun: coloring, puzzles, play dough and more
- 4:40-5:10 - Light Snack
- 5:10-5:30 - Bible Stories and Songs: Teacher will read or play video
You can take a look at the classroom spaces in our virtual tour.